System Engineer, HPC data centre operations with *NIX/HPC (Mid)
We are looking to expand our cross-border HPC Data Centre Operations team for the pharmaceutical industry with a new System Engineer in Belgium.
We expect the candidate to have demonstrable experience in high-performance-computing Data Centre administration, including solid backgrounds of enterprise-level networking and IT infrastructures deploy and monitoring. Our customers are large pharma or biotech enterprises, hence we will favour candidates showing pertinent experience.
To be successful, you will have good technical and communication skills and a strong motivation. We offer fast-track career development opportunities to the most talented, skilled and committed colleagues.
- Autonomously addressing IT incidents, problems and changes within the Customer IT/OT infrastructure;
- Operate IT systems and networks maintenance operations in Customers Data Centres meeting technical and security requirements;
- Autonomously resolving L2/L3 technical incidents and problems;
- Monitoring and managing large IT infrastructures and systems;
- Advising on IT/OT infrastructure-related projects and changes;
- Keeping technical and procedural documentation up-to-date (URS, Functional Specification, Hardware Design Specification, Software Design specification, etc...)
- Preparation of reports, presentations, technical reports, etc...
- Supervising installations and technical tasks
- Coordinating and executing Enterprise Customers transformation/integration/evolution/M&A projects (IT related)
- Coordinating and executing Enterprise Customers Quality Assurance and Control related projects (IT related)
- Keeping up-to-date with both Customer and Internal standard operating procedures and best practices
- Tracking activities and deviations
- Contributing in assuring the Customer satisfaction
- Experience in DC Operations / Systems Engineering roles:
- networking and Linux/Unix operating systems knowledge
- troubleshooting, workaround identification and application, solution definition
- incidents and problems tracking (ITIL)
- solutions and design documentation
- technology/solutions scouting
- 2 years or more in role
- Experience in large enterprise IT Infrastructures administration
- Knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical Good Manufacturing Procedures (EUDRALEX GMP)
- Propositive and proactive approach
- Creative/innovation-keen approach
- Dynamic and willing to learn and mature professionally
- Language: Fluent in both French and English (CEFR B2 or higher)
- Permit to stay and work in Belgium
Nice to have
- Experience in High-Performance-Computing systems monitoring and administration
- Expertise in installing/monitoring/maintaining large MS Active Directory and MS Windows Server farms
- RedHat, Ubuntu, IBM, Oracle, CompTIA or other pertinent certifications
- Understanding of major Pharma regulations (FDA 21 CFR parts 11, 210 & 211, part 80)
- Understanding of Projects Risk Management
- ITIL and change management basics
- Computer System Validation fundamentals
- Location: Rixensart, Belgium
- Travel: <25%
- Type: full time, UK employment contract
- Business unit: Structured Services
- Reports to: Team Leader, HPC Operations
- Level and salary: Depending on the actual experience achieved + bonus, training and Welfare plan.
What We Offer
Our goal is to enable you to reach your full potential to improve and evolve both professionally and personally.
We place importance on the development of your professional career according to your aptitudes and also support you in your private life through a dynamic corporate welfare program.
We offer fast-track career development opportunities to the most talented, skilled and committed colleagues.
A salary pack that matches your responsibilities, a career development plan and attractive bonuses on results base.
Internal and external trainings specifically selected on your aptitudes and talent.
A set of benefits, services and affiliations on top to the profession's health insurance.
We're a Company of human beings, before anything else. You'll never be "just a number" here.